Community Impact Award Winner
The Shift Foundation - Just Shift It
- Just Shift It is a component of Shift (a pilot that began under the Wellington City Council in March 2016) and is now running in five cities across the Wellington Region. Shift aims to improve the wellbeing of young women aged 12-30 using community sport and wellbeing opportunities as vehicles for social impact.
- Shift works collectively to make an impact by collaborating with clubs, active recreation providers and schools to deliver 'Just Shift It' both inside and outside of Education Settings.
- In 2017, Shift engaged with more than 3000 young women across the Wellington region. Shift has worked in collaboration with more than 100 different partners since its inception and more than 70 partners in the 2017 period.
- 'Just Shift It' invited eight partners to contribute to the application of leading and promoting through co-design in wellbeing, physical activity and community sport opportunities alongside young women that are social, fun and accessible. 'Just Shift It' focused on removing barriers for community sport providers including the inability to engage young women, and the lack of knowledge about how young women wanted to participate. In return, the Community Sport providers enabled 'Just Shift It' through their expertise in coaching, development and community sport opportunities.
- The 2018 judging panel feedback included "excellent example of partnering when there is a shared vision but differing skill sets to benefit a community. Great potential to scale and share across the regions"
Click here to watch the interview with the Shift Foundation